Primary responsibilities of the Vice President shall include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Knowledgeable of all Operations as it pertains to their area of the Recreation Program.
2. Must be ready to carry out the duties of President if necessary.
3. Participates closely with the President and other members of the JBA Board
4. Ensure the President is kept informed of all activities completed on his/her behalf and support the President’s responsibility to monitor overall Board governance.
5. Provide the Equipment Chair with a list of required equipment far enough in advance of the programs season to allow for sufficient purchasing time.
6. Will be responsible for handling permits for facilities required for the Travel Program. All permits will be given to the President for submission to the Recreation Department/Schools
7. Works to ensure appropriate volunteers are available to meet the programs needs
8. Organize, schedule and hold preseason sign-ups with Travel Program Coordinators at the direction of the Executive Board.
9. Prepare and distribute all practice and game schedules to appropriate people including Township Recreation Director. All schedules will be provided at the beginning for the season and will be for the entire season with a disclaimer that games may need to be changed depending on unmitigated circumstances.
10. Organize and oversee the all-star/tournament team selections with team coaches and other related program directors at the direction of the Executive Board.
11. Works with the Referee coordinators to ensure game referees are available when needed
12. Work with the Secretary and Website Coordinator to prepare all press releases concerning program sign-ups, schedules, and season highlights.
13. Upon receipt of injury report, must notify the Executive Board as well as Town Recreation Director.
14. Will oversee all operations for Boys and Girls Travel teams accordingly. This will include tryouts, budgets, and permits for gyms. Status shall be reported on a monthly basis back to the Executive Board.
15. Instruct directors at each level to work with coaches to ensure hall monitors for each team is scheduled
Divisional Directors –
One for A-Division; One for B-Division; One for Kindergarten, Clinic and C Division
1. Have a knowledgeable of all Operations as it pertains to their area of the Recreation Program.
2. Provide the Equipment Chair with a list of required equipment far enough in advance of the programs season to allow for sufficient purchasing time.
3. Ensure the Vice President is kept informed of all activities completed on his/her behalf.
4. Works to ensure appropriate volunteers are available to meet the programs needs
5. Participate in preseason sign-ups.
6. Prepare and distribute all practice and game schedules. All schedules will be provided at the beginning for the season and will be for the entire season with a disclaimer that games may need to be changed depending on unmitigated circumstances.
7. Organize and oversee the yearend/celebratory events with team coaches, program directors and coordinators at the direction of the director.
8. Works with the Referee coordinators to ensure game referees are available when needed
9. Work with the Secretary and Website Coordinator to prepare all press releases concerning program sign-ups, schedules, and season highlights.
10. Upon receipt of injury report, must notify the Executive Board as well as Town Recreation Director.
11. Work with coaches to ensure hall monitors for each team is scheduled
Responsible to take all minutes, distribute said minutes in a timely manner to the Executive Board prior to monthly meeting, keep an attendance log, and keep a copy of all previous minutes for availability at monthly meetings. The secretary maintains all of the association’s records and files necessary forms with the state agencies. Disseminate announcements to the membership as directed by the Executive Board. Arrange for Newspaper announcements and articles on upcoming events and game results and summaries as directed by the Executive Board.
Travel Directors -
one for Boys and one for Girls
The Travel Directors will work closely with the Vice President in handling operations for Boys and Girls Travel teams, accordingly. This includes organizing tryouts and preparing budgets. Status shall be reported regularly to the Vice President and on a monthly basis back to the Executive Board. Upon receipt of an injury report, must notify the Vice President as well as Town Recreation Director.
Fundraising Chair -
Fundraising East /West Chair –Organize sponsorship program to ensure proper advertisement, follow-up, documentation and reporting, including providing information to the Website Coordinator for the Sponsor Page and providing information to the Equipment Coordinator/In-town Chairs for Uniform Orders. Organize additional fund raising efforts as directed and assisted by the Executive Board. Provide the JBA Treasurer with the proper accounting of income and expenses as required.
Equipment Chair -
1. Order and distribute uniforms, equipment, medals, and trophies for the recreation program.
2. Ensure the most economical process is used when purchasing equipment and uniforms.
3. Distribute and collect equipment to/from coaches.
4. Notify school district and well as town Recreation Director as necessary for damaged equipment (score boards etc.).
5. Make recommendations to the Executive Board regarding equipment purchases.
6. Work with the Fundraising Coordinator and the In-Town Coordinators to ensure proper Sponsor information is included on Uniform Orders.
Referee Chair -
1. Prepare and distribute the Vice President and Divisional Directors the referee schedule.
2. Recommend to the Executive Board proposed rule changes, disciplinary actions, and general program comments on a monthly basis.
3. Disseminate referee announcements as directed by the Executive Board.
4. Hold pre-season meetings and training sessions as may be required with referees, Program Directors, coaches and assistants.
5. Organize, schedule, and hold pre-season referee clinics. All referees are required to attend or will not be permitted to referee.
6. Provide the Equipment Chair with a list of required referee equipment far enough in advance of the programs season to allow for sufficient purchasing time.
7. Ensure program rules are updated and provided to the Web Coordinator for posting.
8. Instruct/ensure payment forms are filled out and given to treasurer to receive payment for referee services. This voucher will be signed off at each refereed game by a coach/assistant coach from each team as well as the referee. All vouchers will be turned over to the Treasurer in a timely manner
9. Make available referee manual on an as needed basis.
10. Supply each Referee with a set of Supplementary rules so referee can refer to as needed during games.
Safety/Character Counts Chair -
1. Ensure Character Counts Rules are submitted to the Web Coordinator for posting. Draft pre-season notice of such rules to be e-mailed to all registrants.
2. Instruct directors at each level to work with coaches to ensure hall monitors for each team is scheduled.
3. Shall insure that all Coaches and Assistants have taken the Rutgers Safety class.
4. If necessary, schedule Rutgers Safety Clinics through the Town Recreation Director on at least an annual basis
5. Shall preside over any sub-committees that are formed to resolve any issues that relate to character counts.
6. Responsible to get and supply a good first aid kits for each Coach. Coach is responsible to take said first aid kit to all games.
7. Safety/Character Counts Chair will chair the nominating committee for the JBA Board.
Website Coordinator -
1. Maintain and update website as needed. Including maintaining registration forms, posting important announcements, assigning administrative/security access, maintaining the Sponsorship page & form, maintaining the Rules page and other web related items as deemed necessary by the Executive Board.
2. Give treasurer any bills associated with the maintenance of our website.
Trustee/Past President – Non voting member -
Will provide an outside view. This position can be filled by a Recreation board member, past president, or other suitable Jefferson Township Resident. This person should be a nonbiased/3rd party person motivated to see the basketball program grow and improve. This person will only have a vote if there is a tie.